[OS X TeX] Publicon Trial available

Peter S. Burrage peter.s.burrage at Dartmouth.EDU
Mon Dec 20 18:21:11 CET 2004

On Dec 20, 2004, at 12:16 PM, Mark Smith wrote:

> No. It doesn't. It does require a password, but Wolfram send you one
> per email.
>
> I had one issue with the download, but I know its at my end. My
> version of stuffit expander leaves executables in a non-executable
> state after de-compressing. A "CHMOD -R 755" fixes this.
>
> The app runs fine for me, but my first reaction is that despite a
> fairly nice document model, pretty good, sensible style sheets, a nice
> clean and trouble-free BibTeX import and very comfortable reference
> management and fairly clean LaTeX export (the best I've seen so far
> from "such an app"), its a lousy OS X citizen in so many ways, that I
> think it will flop badly on OS X. Pity.

Yes, I received the initial license email and then the password email
after I web registered with Wolfram.  Publicon opens fine but that
error message pops up whenever I try to do anything in the program.

If no one else is seeing this, sounds like a problem on my machine.
Not sure if I want to take the time to troubleshoot it either. Oh well,
I like TeXShop anyway!

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>