[OS X TeX] Changing keyboard shortcuts in TeXShop

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Mon Dec 20 16:42:11 CET 2004

On 20 dec 2004, at 16:29, Chris Goedde wrote:

> I'm trying to add keyboard shortcuts for "Preview->Next Page" and
> "Preview->Previous Page" in TeXShop, and failing. (I assume that this
> is possible.) So I backed up a step and uncommented the example in
> KeyEquivalents.plist. I then quit and restarted  TeXShop, but I still
> get the default shortcuts. In other words, changes I make to
> ~/Library/TeXShop/Menus/KeyEquivalents.plist don't seem to make any
> difference.

Provided you have the developer tools installed, you could add them to
the menu in the appropriate .nib file (that is hard-wire them). You
have to add a command-key combination in that case.

Didn't you also ask about a single page down and at the same time move
the insertion point keyboard combination? Most of the emacs keyboard
shortcuts work in all Cocoa text applications, including TeXShop and
TextEdit.

 From the web I grabbed this list:

C-p   previous line
C-n   next line
C-b   back one character
M-b   back one word
C-f   forward one character
M-f   forward one word
C-f   beginning of line
M-<   start of buffer
M->   end of buffer
C-v   page down
M-v   page up

C-v stands for: hold down the control key and press 'v'.
M-v stands for: hold down the alt/option key and press 'v'.

Somehow this list is incorrect (C-f does not go to the start of the
line), but the pages movement works perfectly.

Maarten
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>