[OS X TeX] Two questions about Lettrine.

Andrea Riciputi ariciputi at pito.com
Mon Dec 20 14:00:00 CET 2004

Hi,
I'm starting to write my Ph.D. thesis, and I've found the Lettrine
package on the CTAN archive. It looks very attractive and I've the
intention to use it to make my thesis nicer. However I have a problem
with lettrine; I've tried to follow the last example reported in the
demo file by adding this code to my latex document:

\usepackage{graphix}
\usepackage{color}
\usepackage{lettrine}

\renewcommand{\LettrineTextFont}{\relax}
\renewcommand{\LettrineFontHook}{\color{red}}

\chapter{Foo}
\lettrine[lines=3,image=true,lhang=.2, loversize=.25, findent=0.1em]
{W}{hen} blah blah blah

Now if I look to the resulting dvi file the capital "W" appears in red,
but if I convert the dvi file to a ps or a pdf file the capital "W"
appears in black. On the other hand if I try pdflatex (instead of plain
latex) the capital "W" in the resulting pdf file appears correctly in
red. Any suggestions about how to fix this?

Just another question: how can obtain capital letters in EPS format
starting from the yinit*.mf files? Reading the demo seems that running
Metapost does the trick, but it doesn't work (at least for me). Anyone
can explain how to get this?

Thanks,
   Andrea.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>