[OS X TeX] emacs and Applescript

Justin Walker justin at mac.com
Sun Dec 19 02:11:49 CET 2004

On Dec 18, 2004, at 16:52, Joseph C. Slater wrote:

> On Dec 18, 2004, at 5:09 PM, Claus Gerhardt wrote:
>
>> Maybe I should rephrase my questions. Some people asked me, if
>> Flashmode would also work with emacs/TeXniscope. When I started
>> looking into the problem these hurdles emerged: getting
>>
>> - the path of the open file and
>
> Could this be gotten instead from TeXniscope?
>
>> - the information, if the file contains unsaved modifications.
>>
> I hope folks from the mac-emacs list are reading this. I've done some
> digging and come up almost empty. I did get this. Emacs occasionally
> (every few minutes or so) saves the current buffer in #filename#
> (adding # on each end of the filename). That file could be compiled
> based on modification date changing.

This may be obvious to those working on this, but: the *Buffer List*
buffer that is kept by emacs has, for each buffer, the full path name
for the associated file (if any), and an indicator of its state (dirty,
current, read-only).  See 'info emacs' and search for "buffer list".

Unfortunately, I don't know the mechanisms, or how to directly access
the information there.

Regards,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large  *
Institute for General Semantics        |   When LuteFisk is outlawed

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>