[OS X TeX] Still fighting with the {letter} documentclass

Curtis Clifton curt.clifton at mac.com
Sat Dec 18 17:31:48 CET 2004

On Dec 18, 2004, at 4:00 AM, Maarten Sneep wrote:

> I think the second edition of Kopka & Daly had an example on how to
> create
> your own letterhead on top of the letter class. All I remember is that
> wouldn't have been able to figure that out on my own. I'm afraid this
> example
> was removed from later editions - but you'd have to check with someone
> who
> actually has a copy.

The letter customization chapter appears in both the third and fourth
editions.  The "house letter style" example is quite comprehensive and
includes repositioning the date (though this is given short shrift in
the description).  The code that inserts the date is on page 357 (the
first line) in my copy of K&D 4th ed.

Curt

Curtis Clifton, PhD Candidate
Dept. of Computer Science, Iowa State University
http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~cclifton

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>