[OS X TeX] Re: [OS X Emacs] On Enhanced Carbon Emacs

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Dec 17 11:51:52 CET 2004

Am 16.12.2004 um 13:42 schrieb Enrico Franconi:

> Is it relocatable? Until some time ago, you could build from cvs the
> autonomus application bundle, but you couldn.t move from
> /Applications. Part of my exercise was to make it relocatable.

Hello!

It seems that your efforts were very efficient! I checked a few (four)
carbonized Emacsen that I have or had installed under names like
"Carbon Emacs" or "Enhanced Carbon Emacs" or just "Emacs" always with
".app" in /Applications and they were working and usable. It even works
to launch them from their disk images (/Volumes/Emacs/Emacs.app
usually).

I remember vaguely that I too once compiled a GNU Emacs version 21.3
without X11 and after making was finished I could launch it from its
place in the src directory for tests whether its worth as a substitute
for the X11 client. It might be that earlier versions than 21.3 were
unusable under Aqua ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've
always worked for me."
		-- Hunter S. Thompson

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>