[OS X TeX] Mac OS 8/9 text editors?

Joseph C. Slater joseph.slater at wright.edu
Sun Dec 12 15:49:49 CET 2004

On Dec 12, 2004, at 3:20 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 11 déc. 04, à 22:51, Bob Kerstetter a écrit :
>
>> Try Pepper.
>>
>> http://www.digitalwandering.com/
>>
>> I used to use it. It was pretty good in both OS9 and OS X. Can't
>> remember why I stopped using it. Oh, yes. the developer got mad and
>> quit developing. Someone has picked it up and is continuing the work,
>> but I have not retried it, and probably will not since SubEthaEdit as
>> arrived. Pepper is still a Carbon app for OS9 and OS X.
>
> There's a post-quit interview of the developer there
> <http://daringfireball.net/2002/08/pepper_author_maarten_hekkelman>.
> Seems sad and bitter.

Yes. It does. He sold it, to the new owner, and the web page it used to
have has disappeared for a simple sales page. I used Pepper for quite
some time. , and even wrote a few extensions. It was a nice editor, but
it's hard to compete with Alpha/Emacs/BBEdit already out there, with
large user groups writing extensions.

Joe

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>