[OS X TeX] NRC class of documents

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 9 18:42:48 CET 2004

On 9 dec 2004, at 17:23, Denis Chabot wrote:

> However I get these errors. They occur even if I remove the line
> "\usepackage{lmodern}" from my document.
>
> --------partial text from console--------------
> LaTeX Warning: Unused global option(s):
>     [usecmfonts].
>
> (./note_fle^^cc^^81tan_v3.3_NRC.aux)
>
> ! LaTeX Error: Font family `OT1+phv' unknown.

Latex tries to access the helvetica family in OT1 encoding.
I'm not sure if that is available at all. You are loading
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc} ? Maybe the documentclass tries to
override this? (although I would assume people in Canada
would know better, and would default to using T1 for hyphenation
in french).

> ? (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/psnfss/t1phv.fd)

This looks a lot like an encoding mismatch: this seems to be the
T1 encoded version of phv.

Maarten

BTW: I think the type 1 postscript fonts are available, just give
it a try.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>