[OS X TeX] switcher

Matthew Hills hills_tex at tina.stanford.edu
Wed Dec 8 08:21:01 CET 2004

On Dec 3, 2004, at 5:14 AM, Jan Rosinski wrote:

> I do not know if this is possible but it would be very useful.
> Usually I have two or more papers opened simultaneously in the TeXShop.
> This is multiplied by 3 in the window menu (tex, pdf, console).
> Changing between them is time consuming and requires a lot of
> attention.
> A simple switcher in the TeXShop menu bar
> or on a side (as an option to choose in preferences)
> would make walking between the documents much easier and speedier.

I made an application in Applescript Studio to put up a "palette" of
TeXShop
projects.  It isn't as good as an integrated approach would be, but
you're welcome to try it:

   http://tina.stanford.edu/~hills/Tidbits/

Matt

----------------------
TeXShop Switcher
Matthew Hills
December 7, 2004

This is a small program to help manage windows of multiple projects in
TeXShop.  It puts up a small window with a list of PDF files that have
been opened in the TeXShop.  Double-clicking on one will bring the
window for the PDF and the associated files to the front in TeXShop,
and minimize the other windows.

Notes:
The behavior of the selection item in the window is undesirable.  It is
best to think of the table there as a panel of buttons and just ignore
it.

A smaller palette-style window would be better, and it would be even
better than that if this was integrated into TeXShop, rather than
running as a completely disassociated process (I set up an idle timer
to periodically update the list of which projects were open in
TeXShop).

The program was created in Applescript Studio, which I don't really
know that well... but the source is available to anyone who asks for
it.

--------
rev. history
   12/7/2004 - first release