[OS X TeX] fourier behaves unexpected

Arno Kruse arnokruse at macnews.de
Tue Dec 7 17:56:53 CET 2004

Hello all,

since I am too stupid to install the fonts I would like to use in TeX
(I do miss Myriad and cairo!), I have resigned and tried to make the
best of the included fonts.
So my preambles contain

\usepackage{fourier}
\usepackage[scaled=0.875]{helvet}
\renewcommand{\ttdefault}{lmtt},

and at first this seemed to be a passable compromise.

But this happens:

\textbf{g)} gives an ugly output: the bracked nearly touches the "g";
$cm^3$ gives another kind of ugly output: the spacing between "c" and
"m" is too large.

There are more unaesthetic combinations, and I get the unpleasant
feeling that there is something wrong - but I do not know what. I am
using OSX 10.3.6 and TeX Live 2004.

arno

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>