[OS X TeX] Support for AppleScript please

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Dec 6 15:37:19 CET 2004

On 12/6/04 6:58 AM, "Steffen Wolfrum" <macosx-tex at st.estfiles.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to write a set of search/replace commands as a makro in TeXShop.
> Maybe someone could help me getting started with AppleScript?
>
> What I want is following:
>
> 1.) Do plain search&replace, e.g.
> search "e. g." replace with "e.g."
>
> 2) Do search&replace with RegularExpressions, e.g.
> search "(\d\d). Jahrhundert" replace with "\1\.\\,Jahrhundert"
>

> Probably not that difficult, but
> how do I translate this to AppleScript?
>

> Thank you in advance,
>
> Steffen

Howdy,

While this isn't a complete solution maybe it will make things a bit
quicker. If you are using the OgreKit Find/Replace (which has some minor
bugs but mostly works) you can use regular expressions in your find and
replace. Not only that, but it remembers recently used find and replace
texts; there are drop down menus for the find and replace fields. At least
you don't have to retype complicated find and replace text all the time but
you do have to choose them separately.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>