[OS X TeX] OmniOutliner 3 Beta Released.

macmechanic at fastmail.fm macmechanic at fastmail.fm
Mon Dec 6 00:10:19 CET 2004

I've been using the Omni 3 beta for a few docs
today.  I've used Omni2 some for outlines for
lecture notes and liked it.

To me, the main difference between 3(Beta) and 2
is that in the Beta version, some of the items on
the Toolbar in 2 have been moved to an Action
Icon that seems very "Pantherlike" (i.e.like the
difference in Jaguar's and Panther's Finder
windows).  Also, there is an Inspector pallete
that works a lot like Keynote's for fonts and
other things, as well as the row and column
attributes.  The default pallete has: Appearance,
Row, Column Type, Document, Style Attributes.
There  is an "Attach" feature too, but I haven't
tried it yet.

As to whether it's worth a "steep" upgrade.  Of
course there are several perspectives and
factors.  They have academic pricing, and if you
got a copy of OmniOutliner bundled on your Mac,
you can upgrade that one.   I actually did this
for OmniGraffle and went up to OminGraffle Pro --
I think I got a GREAT deal for a great program.

Cheers,

René

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>