[OS X TeX] Documentation on documentclass{letter}

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 5 00:24:26 CET 2004

On 4 dec 2004, at 23:22, Google Kreme wrote:

>> The KOMA class bundle has several letter variants, all of them easily
>> customisable. CTAN has several others, including an old set by the NTG
>> (the dutch branch of the TUG). This is the one I use (brief.cls).
>
> Are these likely to be things I already have installed?

KOMA-script is installed, and the NTG classes are installed as well.
The documentation is an optional install with the i-Installer, but if
you
have chosen to install it, you can access the documentation with
     "texdoc scrguien"
in a terminal. With most classes getting the documentation is easy
("texdoc geometry"
will give you the documentation of the very practical geometry
package), but the KOMA
bundle has given the documentation somewhat obscure names. I would
advise you to
browse through the
     /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.*/doc/latex
directories. They contain the interesting bits as far as documentation
of add-on
packages is concerned.

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>