[OS X TeX] {picture}

Aaron Jackson jackson at negril.msrce.howard.edu
Fri Dec 3 21:34:49 CET 2004

As Christopher said, you need to use pdftricks if you use pdflatex and
pstricks, which will be most likely the case if you have only been
using LaTeX for a few weeks.  Add the following untested lines the what
was previously written:

On Dec 3, 2004, at 3:01 PM, Christopher Allen wrote:

> I'm not laughing, I'm hoping to save you some of the trouble I went
> through discovering tons of stuff on my own.
>
> There is disagreement on the list as to whether it is kind to suggest
> pstricks to someone new. I'm of the side that finds its consistency
> nice. It's very similar to the picture environment, but allows for
> more growth. \pdftricks should work, too. There is a lot of power in
> them. The repeat placements I've shown can be done from within the
> picture environment, too, but I can't remember the syntax off the top
> of my head. I can't remember how many points to a centimeter; I'll
> just use 1cm instead of 36pt to keep things looking the same;
> \pstricks uses cm by default. You could do:

% This goes in document preamble
\usepackage{ifpdf}
\ifpdf
\usepackage{pdftricks}
\begin{psinputs}
\fi
> \usepackage{pstricks}
> \usepackage{multips}
\ifpdf
\end{psinputs}
\fi
%This goes in document body
\ifpdf
\begin{pdfdisplay}
\fi
> \begin{pspicture}(1,1)
> \multips(0,0)(1.2,0){5}{\psframe(1,1)}
> \multips(0,0)(1.2,0){5}{\psline[linethickness=2pt](1,0)(1,1)}
> \psline(-.2,-1.4)(3.6,-1.4)
> \end{pspicture}
\ifpdf
\end{pdfdisplay}
\fi

If you have a current version of gwtex, this should work with both
latex and pdftatex.  Otherwise, you'll need to reinstall (old versions
are missing bbox and ps2eps which are required for pdftricks to work).
You will also need to get the multips package.  It doesn't seem to be
on my system...

Aaron

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>