[OS X TeX] Texshop-bbedit and key bindings

Cameron Hooper chooper at umich.edu
Fri Dec 3 07:49:52 CET 2004

Will Robertson wrote:

> You can modify key bindings on a system wide level for Cocoa apps (like
> TeXShop and TextEdit). Apple's documentation (examples at the end) is
> here:
>
> <http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/
> BasicEventHandling/Tasks/TextDefaultsAndBindings.html>

Thanks, this looks very interesting. Has anyone on the list experimented
with this? I created a text file
~/Library/KeyBindings/DefaultKeyBinding.dict with the following code:

{
   "^ " = "setMark:";
   "^v" = "pageUp:";
   "~v" = "pageDown:";
}

I've found plenty of sites that all suggest these bindings (and many
others) would do the trick. However, my system does not recognize my new
keybindings. I've rebooted but no success. Am I missing some crucial
step? I realise this is getting OT. However, I suspect other TexShop
users would be interested in making the program recognize these bindings.
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>