[OS X TeX] Texshop-bbedit and key bindings

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Fri Dec 3 07:44:09 CET 2004

On Dec 2, 2004, at 13:59, Cameron Hooper wrote:

> How do I "set-mark" in TexShop using "emacs" style keybindings? I am
> comfortable with using Ctrl-<space>, but this does not work. It also
> does not work in BBEdit (I've set bbedit to use emacs bindings). How
> do I associate C-<space> with set-mark?

Mike Ferris' TextExtras bundle gives you this functionality and much
more if you install the DefaultKeyBinding.dict (be sure to read the
documentation/warnings before doing this).  The official home page is
here <http://www.lorax.com/FreeStuff/TextExtras.html>, and an
unsupported version that is compatible with Panther autocompletion can
be found at <http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/TextExtras_1.7BDSK.dmg>.

An additional text plugin you might find useful is Mike McCracken's
incremental-search plugin, available at
<http://michael-mccracken.net/blog/blosxom.pl/computers/mac/
programming/iSearchPluginNSTextView.html>.

These will work with any Cocoa applications (e.g. TextEdit, Xcode,
Mail, OmniWeb, iTeXMac, TeXShop), but not with Carbon applications like
BBEdit.

hth,
Adam
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>