[OS X TeX] Texshop-bbedit and key bindings

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Fri Dec 3 00:13:05 CET 2004

On 3 Dec 2004, at 9:23 AM, Cameron Hooper wrote:

> I am a Linux/Window users so this is probably just a matter of
> unlearning old habits. So how do I scroll the cursor (not just the
> view) down and up one page?

Um. I don't know if there is a key binding for that in TeXShop, maybe
BBEdit is different.

Since you are clearly an emacs person, why not download a version of
carbon emacs? I can't recommend any specific one, coz I'm not a big
user. "Enhanced Carbon Emacs" is being updated soon, and it contains
lots of extra stuff prebuilt into it.

Actually, I just thought of something.
You can modify key bindings on a system wide level for Cocoa apps (like
TeXShop and TextEdit). Apple's documentation (examples at the end) is
here:

<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/
BasicEventHandling/Tasks/TextDefaultsAndBindings.html>

(Search on Mac OS X Hints for "key binding" to get some more specific
examples.)

That might be able to do what you want.

Will

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>