[OS X TeX] Texshop-bbedit and key bindings

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 3 00:04:55 CET 2004

On 2 dec 2004, at 23:53, Cameron Hooper wrote:

>> On 3 Dec 2004, at 8:29 AM, Cameron Hooper wrote:
>>> How do I "set-mark" in TexShop using "emacs" style keybindings?
>> If it's possible, I'm unaware of it.
>
> Oh dear! A second question. How do I scroll one page of text in either
> bbedit or texshop (or it seems any mac program at all)? I can't get
> C-v or ESC-v to work. Even worse using page up/down scrolls the view,
> but leaves the cursor at the original postion. I am continually
> hitting page down, starting to type and finding the view jumping back
> to the orignal location. I am a Linux/Window users so this is probably
> just a matter of unlearning old habits. So how do I scroll the cursor
> (not just the view) down and up one page?

Usually through option-down arrow (option is the Mac name for the 'alt'
key). You should also try to play with the combinations command-arrow,
shift-arrow, command-shift-arrow and option-shift-arrow in several
directions. I'm unaware of a command-option-arrow combination that does
anything in particular, but hey, it never hurts (but try it on
something you have a backup of).

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>