[OS X TeX] ppower4 & pp4LaTeX

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 2 20:50:54 CET 2004

On 2 dec 2004, at 20:39, Herb Schulz wrote:

> It appears that clean install of TL2004 deletes the ppower4p script. My
> suggestion does a direct call to ppower4. Was there something else
> that was
> missing? Probably!

No, I have a recent release of TL2004, earlier releases indeed
installed a
non-working version of ppower4. After I had some off-line communication
with
Gerben he fixed it, and currently it should work out of the box. So I
am still
interested in the strange results the OP reported, it might tell me
what's
going on.

The current script relies on the following command
     kpsewhich -progname=java -format='other binary files' pp4p.jar
to return the path to the pp4p.jar file,
     /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/java/ppower4/pp4p.jar
on my system.

> Can I get the package with the ppower4p script again?

It /really/ is in the TL2004 package, and is within the default search
path,
so please try to run it from the terminal. If you're referring to teh
TeXShop
script: I've stopped using that one a long time ago.

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>