[OS X TeX] Paste to emacs

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Dec 2 01:24:53 CET 2004

Am 30.11.2004 um 21:31 schrieb Martin A.Gross B.:

> I would lile to hear what do you do to paste for example from word to
> emacs to avoid coding-systems missinterpretations.  I always get a lot
> of  \220,
>  \208, etc.  I think Texshop can handle both latin1 and mac-roman, why
> does it not my emacs?

Emacs is too flexible! Pay attention to the modeline. There, at the
left edge, the encoding of a buffer is listed. Make it equal to that in
TeXShop etc and see what comes out. Ahem, probably an encoding ending
in '-unix' (line endings) should be chosen. It's later better to work
with these files' contents in Terminal.

Which Emacs are you using? How do you manage to copy texts?

I found when copying between buffers in GNU Emacs 21.3 under X11 via
mouse selections that umlauts where converted to four character sets à
la '\374'.

(Shouldn't we open a Mac OS X Emacs list?)

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Don't just do something, sit there."