[OS X TeX] Endnote 8

Eric M. Austin ema at CLEMSON.EDU
Wed Dec 1 19:45:24 CET 2004

>Eric M. Austin wrote:
>
>>I've been clinging to Endnote solely to
>  >use  "RTF Document Scan"  when I'm forced to write a large document
>>in Word.  I've never been very lucky with Word's build-in citation
>  >"capability."   Does anyone know of a good workaround for this?
>

>You mean an alternative to EndNote for scanning rtf ?- Bookends ?
>
>You mean an alternative to using Word to produce rtf ? - Latex2rtf ?
>(limited) or just about any other WP ?
>
>You mean an EndNote or other workaround for internal problems with
>Word files ? - No idea, sorry.

Sorry for the mind-reading exercise!   Dragging a  citation from EN
to a Word document (saved as rtf) produces a link  {Allik, 1970,
Allik1970} in the rtf document.  When done editing the rtf, I choose
"RTF Document Scan" in Endnote, point to the rtf file, and it
produces a new (renamed) rtf file that has all of the citations
sorted properly and formatted in any style defined in Endnote.   You
do all the editing on the original rtf file containing just the
links.  That way there is no problem when you later edit the document
and perhaps insert more citations.

THIS feature is the only reason I keep EN around.   One more time
after clarification: Does anyone know of a good workaround for this?

EMA
Eric M. Austin
Mac and LaTeX enthusiast
Department of Mechanical Engineering