[OS X TeX] Problem with excel2latex and OT question

Lisa Schweitzer lschwei at vt.edu
Wed Dec 1 19:06:39 CET 2004

I've had a nasty surprise--I've come to depend on the little macro
excel2latex like my right hand (this micro rocks), and for some
reason, I can't it to work on my new system.  I am running OS 10.3.6
(on a Dual 1.8 GHz PPC G5) using MS Excel from the 2004 bundle. When
I attempt to export, I get:

Run-time error `1004':

Method 'GetSaveAsFilename' of object '_Application' failed

Maybe that is self-evident, but it's not to me (newbie).

Any ideas?  All appreciated.

On the (only somewhat) OT issue:

I am sorry to bother all of you, but this is such a knowledgeable Mac
forum that I can't really resist. I have a progressive neuromuscular
disease in which I have bad stretches and good. The bad stretches are
times when I can't really use a keyboard comfortably due to pain and
numbness.  I have this theory that I should be able to set up a voice
recognition system that would allow me to go speech into LaTex via
several steps.  However, I've been lucky enough to be in remission
for the past 4 years, and my last attempt at voice recognition was a
complete bust (Viavoice...I never got it to work with OSX).  Do any
of you dictate work and then cut and paste in to a compiler, like
TexShop?  How do you do it? Even if you don't do it, what do you
think might be the best way?  If I'm lucky, I have a few months to
get started on this before things get bad, but sooner is better.

Many thanks for any ideas,

Lisa
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>