[OS X TeX] TeXShop macro "Select class options"

Curtis Clifton curt.clifton at mac.com
Mon Aug 30 14:20:52 CEST 2004

Will,

On Aug 30, 2004, at 4:54 AM, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 30 Aug 2004, at 6:17 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:
>
>> Could you use the "try ... on error ..." construct to help?
>>
>> <snip *really* helpful advice>
>>
>> Errors can include other information, too, like a reference to the
>> object that caused the failure; check the Applescript doc for more
>> information. I believe you can also do things like nest "try" blocks,
>> re-throw an error from within the error handler if you want to pass
>> it up the chain, etc.
>
> Yes! That sounds excellent. In fact, I'm amazed how good that looks.
> That documentation however - unless its been updated in Xcode 1.5 - is
> pretty awful for looking/searching through. (Unless, also, I'm meant
> to be looking elsewhere than the Applescript Language Guide - last
> updated 1999!) Not to worry - I'll keep looking.
>
> What you've given me works better than I would have dreamed. Thanks
> heaps!

You might enjoy AppleScript, The Definitive Guide from O'Reilly.  It's
far better than any of the online documentation that I've found,
covering many of the gotchas with AppleScript.

Curt

Curtis Clifton, PhD Candidate
Dept. of Computer Science, Iowa State University
http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~cclifton

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>