[OS X TeX] Bibliography Citations (was: New TeXShop macro: "Insert reference")

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Tue Aug 24 08:45:47 CEST 2004

Just a rant against BibDesk:

Every now and then I look into the progress of BibDesk, but I've never
gotten over the fact that it doesn't allow the use of macros (they are
expanded and fixed on input). So if you like defining thing like
@string{IEEETransMag = "IEEE Transaction on Magnetics"} so you can
change them all later (for an abbreviated list, say), you're out of
luck.

I'll switch to BibDesk when it gets this long-overdue feature. It's on
the radar, but I don't believe there's any short-term likelihood of the
problem being solved. Until then, I find managing my bib files manually
just as easy as using JabRef or tkbibtex.

Will

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>