[OS X TeX] CTAN zip download

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Sat Aug 21 22:27:00 CEST 2004

What happens is that I get onto any CTAN page in which it says

Your request is about the directory xxx (e.g.
*macros/latex/contrib/misc/*
<http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/misc/?filename=macros/latex/contrib/misc/&preferredCTAN=ftp.uni-bielefeld.de&action=/getfile/>.
)
You can get the directory's contents as a *.zip*
<ftp://ftp.uni-bielefeld.de/pub/tex/macros/latex/contrib/misc.zip> archive

The xxx link gets me back to the page where it says
You can get this entire directory
<http://www.ctan.org/getfile/?filename=macros/latex/contrib/misc/&preferredCTAN=ftp.uni-bielefeld.de&action=/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/misc/>.
which when I click it returns me to the first page.

When I click the zip link, it does download a zip file but, as I said,
it is mostly empty.

It is no big deal since I can download the files separarately but a bit
perplexing since I have no trouble downloading any other zip file.

Regards
--schremmer

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>