[OS X TeX] Tableofcontents entry in the table of contents

Curtis Clifton curt.clifton at mac.com
Fri Aug 20 06:55:03 CEST 2004

Costas,

On Aug 19, 2004, at 10:04 PM, Constantinos Antoniou wrote:

> I am wrapping up my dissertation, and would like to add entries for
> the \tableofcontents, \listoffigures, and \listoftables in my table of
> contents.

Here's what I have in my dissertation:

\cleardoublepage
\phantomsection
\addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{LIST OF TABLES}
\listoftables

\cleardoublepage
\phantomsection
\addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{LIST OF FIGURES}
\listoffigures

I think the \cleardoublepage is what does the trick.  IIRC the
\phantomsection is for the benefit of hyperref.  By clearing the page
before adding the entry to the TOC, the entry is on the correct page.
I'm hypothesizing that the list of tables and list of figures start
with a \cleardoublepage themselves, but since the pages have already
been cleared that is effectively a no-op.

Hope I'm being clear; it's late.

HTH,

Curt

Curtis Clifton, Graduate Student
Dept. of Computer Science, Iowa State University
http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~cclifton

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>