[OS X TeX] Re: Using Lucida fonts in Illustrator

Geoff Vallis gkv at Princeton.EDU
Mon Aug 9 15:51:24 CEST 2004

I don't know why this should not work for you. My installation of
pdf2ps is that which came with fink, and I have done nothing else. In
particular, ghostscript does not 'know' or need to know anything more
about the fonts than what is in the original PDF file. I can only
suggest that you try it on some other machine, or try pdf2ps some other
document that just has the 13 standard PS fonts, like Times, to see if
that is different.

Note that when such a file is opened in Illustrator the glyphs do not
look very pretty on the screen, but when magnified and/or printed it is
clear that they are outlines and not bitmaps.

Geoff

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>