[OS X TeX] Lucida Bright and other fonts in Illustrator

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Wed Aug 4 14:29:12 CEST 2004

On Aug 3, 2004, at 21:26, Gordon Sick wrote:

> Other people have suggested using Stone Create or Macromedia Freehand
> because they place the (eps or pdf) file in their graphics, but do not
> make it editable. I would like to be able to edit the equation
> graphics file after pasting in equations from Latex pdfs.
>
> If anybody else has any different approaches to try, I'd be grateful
> to know about them.

You might also look at DrawAt, available from
<http://www.enseeiht.fr/~douze/drawat/>.

Personally, I use Stone Create, because I can line things up visually
and it's easy to remember how to use it :).  If you're labeling figures
with equations, I recommend Equation Service, as Create supports
Services (select your LaTeX equation source text, then choose
Services->Typeset to pasteboard, then paste).  Add your Lucida stuff to
the Equation Service templates, and it should just work with your
fonts.

You can also leave the source text of your equation in the Create
document, for future modifications; just select the components of your
page that you want for the final figure, then drag the PDF out of
Create's image well (this description won't make sense unless you try
it).  Current versions of Create can also edit PDF files that it has
produced, so you can put the PDF you just exported back into Create and
move the equation around, add more labels, or whatever.

hth,
Adam

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>