[OS X TeX] MacOSX-TeX: Problem with BibTex

Dean Rickles dean.rickles at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 29 09:50:13 CEST 2004

Hi Lisa,

> Does anybody  have advice on what is easier:
>
> 1. Trying to modify the existing .bst file I am using to force it to
> include/format information on URLs, OR
> 2. Change to a different bst file and different style, and just
> whatever I need to in order to get rid of those errors?

You could try using @misc or @unpublished instead of @url and see if
that does the trick. Failing that, as you say, you should try various
other style files (jurabib, plain, alpha, ...).

Incidentally, there is a great little program that I use called
bibdesk: http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/. It's a very handy little
program (I doubt you'll want to use it for your thesis now), but for
future work I'd recommend using it.

best,

Dean
Dean Rickles,
Division of History & Philosophy of Science,
School of Philosophy,
University of Leeds,
LS2 9JT