[OS X TeX] MacOSX-TeX: Problem with BibTex

Ben Wooliscroft bwooliscroft at e3.net.nz
Thu Apr 29 05:59:03 CEST 2004

> I am not all that adept at using BibTex, so it maybe was a mistake to
> try to use it for my dissertation. But faint hearts never won fair
> ladies. Or some such. Anyway, I have been using "apalike" for my .bst
> file.  But this style doesn't seem to like URLs, and I have a lot of
> those in the reference list. My advisor is nonfussy regarding the
> bibliography format, so I can change that at will. But I tried changing
> to harvard and all heck broke loose with the document. It wouldn't
> compile, I got  a gillion errors.
What are the errors that you get? In my experience, which is not huge,
bibtex and latex don't like URLs because of the special characters in them
i.e. "_" which you need to edit to the latex compatible version, i.e. "\_".
It worked for me using an Harvard (like) format (I put the URLs in the note
field).

Cheers

Ben

--