[OS X TeX] Mobile number in scrlttr2

Ralph Pöllath lists at poellath.org
Mon Apr 26 15:27:43 CEST 2004

On 22.04.2004, at 21:05, Enrico Riboni wrote:
> Le 22 avr. 04, à 16:03, Ralph Pöllath a écrit :
>> I'm looking for a way to add my mobile numer to my address in a
>> letter using the scrlttr2 class. I figured I could just add a fax
>> number and then change the displayed text from "Fax" to "Mobile", but
>> I haven't found out how to do this so far.
>>
>> I'd also prefer to have phone, fax and email aligned - any ideas how
>> to do this?
>
> No, but I have an idea how to find out:
> post on usenet, group de.comp.text.tex
> There the author of the Koma packages always reply to any question by
> giving you the page or chapter in the Koma manual where to look for
> the answer. Usually he is quite rude, but still it is helpfull. ;-)

Thanks for the hint, worked as expected!

For the archive, here's how I added my mobile number and aligned the
phone numbers and email address:

\documentclass{scrlttr2}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}

\setkomavar{fromname}{My Name}
\setkomavar{fromaddress}{55 Some St\\ Some address}
\setkomavar{fromphone}{555-123\,45\,67}
\setkomavar{fromemail}{someone at example.com}
\newkomavar[Mobile:]{frommobile}
\setkomavar{frommobile}{555-123\,45\,68}

\firsthead{\usekomavar{fromname}\\
\usekomavar{fromaddress}\\
\begin{tabular}[t]{@{}l@{}l}
\usekomavar*{fromphone} & \usekomavar{fromphone}\\
\usekomavar*{frommobile} & \usekomavar{frommobile}\\
\usekomavar*{fromemail} & \usekomavar{fromemail}
\end{tabular}}

\begin{document}
\begin{letter}{Some Body}
\opening{Hello,}