[OS X TeX] OT-latex file management

Jack Skoda jskoda at mac.com
Mon Apr 26 13:10:37 CEST 2004

On Apr 25, 2004, at 13:44, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> THE PROBLEM: By now I have collected a large number of homework
> problems (a couple hundred) for a class that I teach. Currently, I
> save them in a big latex file and then I cut-and-paste selected
> problems for each assignment. File management becomes complicated,
> however, as each problem usually has a number of other files
> associated with it in the form of pdf enclosures.

I prepare all my printed course materials in LaTeX, but I
have other files as well: perl scripts, Keynote slides,
and pdfs.  I've put them all under CVS source control and
then used XCode to navigate them.  There is a package
that can add syntax coloring to XCode's editor.

Using CVS is not a requirement for XCode, you could
use it without CVS just fine.  I use a blank project
and just fill it with folders and files.

I've also done this with ProjectBuilder on 10.2 systems.

-- Jack Skoda <jskoda at skoda.com>
-- http://www.skoda.com/
-- "Information is power, and I like power." ... Cobra Bubbles