[OS X TeX] Problems with tex4ht

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Apr 26 10:17:11 CEST 2004

Le 26 avr. 04, à 10:04, Christian Dube a écrit :

> I have written a tex-doc and want to publish it on the internet using
> tex4ht. When I htlatex my file
> an preview it in Safari everything looks fine and the way I want it.
> But when I publish it an view it -
> also with Safari - evreything looks destroyed (I get the same result
> with IE).

What do you mean by "publish", and how is everything "destroyed"? Does
the site to which you publish add its own CSS style files, which would
interfere with the result of TeX4ht? Is it just a question of encoding
(German characters appearing bad on screen), which could be caused by
an encoding conversion having taken place automatically when the
document was uploaded to the web server? Another thing could be Safari
(and IE) picking up different default encodings when the document is on
you computer and on the server, respectively.

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin