[OS X TeX] OT-latex file management

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at adelphia.net
Sun Apr 25 19:44:00 CEST 2004

This is not Mac-specific but I thought I 'd give this list a try.

THE PROBLEM: By now I have collected a large number of homework
problems (a couple hundred) for a class that I teach. Currently, I save
them in a big latex file and then I cut-and-paste selected problems for
each assignment. File management becomes complicated, however, as each
problem usually has a number of other files associated with it in the
form of pdf enclosures.

THE QUESTION: I wonder whether there is a better way to manage such
large number of files. I am thinking something like bibtex, i.e. a
database that contains a large number of problems with identifying
citekeys that can be used to extract the desired problem along with
their associated files. Any ideas?

Themis