[OS X TeX] pictures in Latex Documents

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Apr 22 14:44:16 CEST 2004

Le 22 avr. 04, à 14:27, Gianna Reggio a écrit :

> With System 9 I was happily using OzTex to typeset Latex documents and
> I was able to include pictures prepared as eps files by menas of
> boxedEPSF
> The new version of Oztex for System 10 is now working very badly, that
> it s when I print a typesetted document the picture are quite bad, in
> the sense that also if printed using a Laxer printer they have the
> same aspect as if they are printed by a dot matrix printer (the text
> is instead as good as before)
> What Can I do?
> I do not have problems to prepare pictures in other formats but what I
> can use to include them?

You may simply be faced with the problem referred to here
<http://www.trevorrow.com/oztex/ozfaq.html#panther-print>:

"Why is printing slower on Panther?

  OzTeX on Panther fails to detect if your current printer supports
PostScript, so it doesn't call dvips but uses a slow bitmap printing
method. Fortunately the solution is simple: just tick "Force PostScript
Printing" in the File menu. This tells OzTeX to assume your printer
supports PostScript and so it always calls dvips. Ticking that option
is a good idea anyway because Gimp-Print (which comes installed with
Panther) allows OzTeX to send PostScript data to a non-PostScript
printer."