[OS X TeX] The LaTeX Companion

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Apr 21 08:13:16 CEST 2004

Le 21 avr. 04, à 07:57, Jan Eden a écrit :

>> www.amazon.de asks for EUR 71,58  (i.e. Euro!)
>> (and this includes "free" shipping)
>>
>> If I order from amazon.com (or another USA source) I will have to
>> pay 20%  value aded (import) tax (collected, most of the times, by
>> the postal service, and always by speed delivery services).
>
> But at the current exchange rate, the price will be 20% less in EUR.

One point worth mentioning, in all this discussion, is that for the
first edition half of the royalties went to supporting the LaTeX 3
project. I did not find indications about this in what's available
regarding the second edition <http://www.latex-project.org/guides/>,
but I would expect things to be similar.

Bruno Voisin