[OS X TeX] LaTeX -> Word?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Apr 20 22:01:54 CEST 2004

I've tried latex2rtf on your file (replacing the figure by one of mine):

> ------------
> \documentclass[11pt]{article}
> \usepackage[applemac]{inputenc}
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage{graphicx,german}
> \begin{document}
>
> Das ist ein Test. ä ö ü ß
>
> $\alpha ~ \beta ~\gamma$
>
> \begin{figure}[h]
> \centering
> \fbox{\includegraphics{Benzol}}
> \caption{Eine kleine Abbildung}
> \end{figure}
>
> \begin{equation}
> E = m \cdot c^2
> \end{equation}
>
> \end{document}
>  ----------

The output isn't so bad: the Greek and German letters show up fine, and
the equation too, in Word. Don't trust TextEdit for rendering RTF
files, I've found its rendering quite bad, generally, as soon as you
ask it more than bold and italic text, say.

Only messed up thing: the graphical file isn't included. It also seems
that latex2rtf is stubbornly restrictive in its syntax: \centering
produces a warning, but if you replace it by a \begin{center}
\end{center} environment, the warning is suppressed.

In case you have problem with the german package, you may also try
replacing it by the babel package with option german.

Bruno