[OS X TeX] GUI Latin Modern Fonts?

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sat Apr 17 07:58:22 CEST 2004

On Apr 17, 2004, at 06:33, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

> On Apr 16, 2004, at 4:46 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>

>> This is true and it reminded me that I still had to fix this because
>> when PfaEdit is not available, the directory is created so that a
>> second time around (i.e. after installing PfaEdit) conversion is not
>> executed. This has now been fixed and package building & uploading is
>> in progress.

> 	Hmm, no dice! I went ahead and updated to the latest TeX i-package,
> the one you just released, and then proceeded to "Install & Configure"
> again only to realize almost at the end of the configuration stage
> that I had forgotten to delete the /Library/Fonts/Latin\ Modern
> directory. Alas, right after configuration was done I checked and the
> GUI fonts weren't there, they had not been created at all. Then I
> proceeded to delete this directory and reconfigure again, and so they
> were created!
>
> 	So, Gerben, I'm afraid to say that apparently the update did not fix
> the issue I first explained in my original mail, sorry to be the
> bearer of "bad news". Or did I miss something? Let me know if you want
> me to try something in specific and I'll report back to you.

No, you did not miss anything. What I fixed was this: when PfaEdit is
not available, the (empty) directory is not created on configuration.
So, new problems because of this will not be created, but an existing
empty directory will still have to be removed by hand. I do not check
against one of the fonts, because I might change the file names in the
future.