[OS X TeX] Program to draw Venn diagrams?

Leah Berman lberman at ursinus.edu
Wed Apr 14 19:41:08 CEST 2004

On Apr 14, 2004, at 12:43 PM, John B.Thoo wrote:

> What is a program to create Venn diagrams conveniently that I may
> include in my LaTeX document?  (there, now it's TeX related ;-)  I'm
> interested in shading intersections and unions.

CorelDraw 11 can do this pretty easily: make some circles that overlap
and then there's a button called "intersect" that makes a figure with
just the intersection that you can then color. You can then export to
.eps and include into a LaTeX file as usual.

I bought CorelDraw for the express purpose of creating graphics to
export to .eps.

Of course, now that I use pdftex, my usual graphics routine is (create
in Geometer's sketchpad, copy to CorelDraw) save as .eps from
CorelDraw, open in TeXShop to get a .pdf, and then include the .pdf.

Does anyone know of a (vector) graphics program that exports .pdf?
Printing to .pdf isn't good, because it prints an entire page, not just
the graphic.

Leah
Leah Wrenn Berman, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Mathematics & Computer Science
Pfahler Hall, 101K
Ursinus College
P.O. Box 1000
Collegeville, PA  19426