[OS X TeX] XeTeX

mike leonard michaelnleonard at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 08:32:18 CEST 2004

A LaTeX format can be compiled and even made available
in TeXShop (after installing the XeTeX .pkg file
first, that is):

> 1. Run "xeinitex -jobname=xelatex latex.ltx".
>
> 2. Move the created xelatex.xfmt to
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c/.
>
> 3. Move to
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current and
run
> "ln -s xetex xelatex", to created a symlink xelatex
to xetex.

> 4. Run "sudo texhash".
>
> 5. In TeXShop, define xelatex to be your personal
LaTeX script.

Thanks a lot. This gets me a lot closer to the
functionality I was looking for. My only question now
is whether there is a way to access XeTeX's fancy font
commands from within a LaTeX document. I can do this
using plain.sty within a \begin{plain}...\end{plain}
environment, but this seems to defeat a lot of the
purpose of compiling and using the LaTeX format in the
first place.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html