[OS X TeX] XeTeX

Edward Thome ed.thome at murraystate.edu
Sun Apr 11 06:45:37 CEST 2004

On Apr 9, 2004, at 4:56 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> As it may be interesting to some here, I'm forwarding a message I just
> sent to the (private) MacTeX list. Original information came from
> Bruce d'Arcus to whom all credit should be given.
>
>> Bruce d'Arcus wrote:
>>
>> > Wow!  Check this out:
>> >

>> http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?
>> site_id=nrsi&item_id=xetex
>> >
>> > Written by Jonathan Kew and designed to work with a TeTeX install,
>> it
>> > seems to be TeX-GX reborn!

>> Another concern: the installation does not seem to create a file
>> telling
>> what was installed and where. I found a file
>> /Library/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin6.8/xetex, won't it be erased
>> by
>> any subsequent reinstall of the TeX i-Package?
>>
>> Bruno Voisin

With respect to this, one can use Pacifist to show what was installed.

xdv2pdf, xetex to /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current
and soft links to xeinitex and xevirtex (both to xetex)

the usual cmb10.otf through msbm7.otf and in between to
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/otf

xetex.pool and xetex.xfmt to /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c
and a softlink from plain.xfmt to xetex.xfmt

That's all it claims to install.