[OS X TeX] Problems with TeXShop and teTeX...

Dave McCollum mccollum at colorado.edu
Sat Apr 3 01:43:13 CEST 2004

Bruno, et al.

Well, I think that I found a bug in TeXShop. When my typesetting
stops with an error, and I click on the Abort button in the console
window and then try to select some of the transcript text, TeXShop
crashes on my mouse click. This happens consistently....

Anyway, I was able to get the typesetting to continue a bit, so that
the spot where typesetting first hits an error is captured to the log
file.

To recap a bit, my document typesets fine with the following lines in
it, using pdftex:

\usepackage[centertags,sumlimits,reqno]{amsmath}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{times,courier}
\usepackage[mtbold,subscriptcorrection,mtplusscr,mtpluscal]{mathtime}

However, if I comment out the two last lines above, the typesetting,
using pdftex, stops with the following error:

>[14
>
>  <./goodPDFs/dhc_6yr_west_wide_mo.pdf>
><./goodPDFs/dhc_6yr_east_wide_mo.pdf> <.
>/goodPDFs/dhca_6yr_west_wide_mo.pdf>
><./goodPDFs/dhca_6yr_east_wide_mo.pdf>] <g
>oodPDFs/dhc_1997_8_west_mo.pdf, id=392, 422.57875pt x 234.8775pt>
>File: goodPDFs/dhc_1997_8_west_mo.pdf Graphic file (type pdf)
>
><use goodPDFs/dhc_1997_8_west_mo.pdf>
>! Missing $ inserted.
><inserted text>
>                 $
>l.1021 ....5,keepaspectratio]{dhc_1997_8_west_mo}}
>                                                    \goodgap
>?

I suspect that, other than the bug in TeXShop, something conflicts
with changing fonts back to CM (or something else?).

I will try to do a little more searching. Thanks.

-Dave