[OS X TeX] Can TeX/LaTeX Do Page Like This?

Siep siepo at cybercomm.nl
Sat Sep 7 12:42:29 CEST 2002

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002 12:53:44 -0500
Bob Kerstetter <bkerstetter at mac.com> wrote:

> Can TeX do pages such as the one here:
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/bkerstetter/samplelayout.html
>
> If it can do this sort of thing, where do I begin to learn?
>
> I have experience with non-WYSIWYG layout software such as the Document
> Composition Facility and HTML.
>
> Thanks.

With TeX, you have to be careful to say that you cannot do something, but
this certainly isn't the kind of layout for which I would recommend TeX.

Context is an alternative to latex as a macro package on top of TeX. It is
much better at advanced layouts than latex, but has frustrations of its
own. Their site, www.pragma-ade.nl, contains a lot of showcase stuff, and
also a lot of documentation.

A good general getting-started page is www.tug.org/begin.html.

Siep