[OS X TeX] Can TeX/LaTeX Do Page Like This?

Bob Kerstetter bkerstetter at mac.com
Mon Sep 9 16:44:20 CEST 2002

On Monday, Sep 9, 2002, at 07:35 US/Central, William Adams wrote:

> Yes, one would have to question why, but yes.

Well, if OmniGraffle would shape text I probably would not be looking
around. I have tried InDesign and find it is too expensive for what it
does. I really dislike the interface. It seems the TeX is well liked
and respected. And if something goes wrong there are lots of people to
give and receive help.

> It would actually be pretty easy (just program the curve for the type
> as
> a paragraph shape---see _The TeXBook_ for details).

Knuth, Addison-Wesley, 1984?

> Unless the type changes often, or there're a lot of versions of this
> page it'd probably be quicker/easier to do in something like FreeHand
> though.

It changes a lot and there are, or will be, many of them in different
page formats, primarily letter and A4.