[OS X TeX] Bug in \ref ???

Edward M. Roche eroche at mac.com
Fri Sep 13 22:19:30 CEST 2002

I a table with a \label indicator. Although the entry "on
page~\pageref{tab:name}" works correctly, then entry "as seen in
Table~\ref{tab:name}" yields an incorrect result.
In the specific case, the output will read:
"as seen in Table 11.2 on page 63." The "63" is correct, but the "11.2"
should read Table 12, **as is shown on the Table caption itself!**.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've put the details below. (but have shortened the table)

There is always the problem of what is included and what is excluded in
any cost estimation. See Table~\ref{tab:outsourcing} on
page~\pageref{tab:outsourcing}.

\begin{table}
\begin{center}
\begin{tabular}{cl}
\multicolumn{2}{c}{Top 10 Reasons to Outsource} \\
\  & \  \\
\hline
1. & Reduce and control operating costs. \\
2. & Improve company focus. \\
\hline
\end{tabular}
\label{tab:outsourcing}
\caption{The top 10 reasons why companies outsource according to the
   Outsourcing Institute~\cite{pro:outsourcing-institute}.}
\end{center}
\end{table}