[OS X TeX] books that teach how to code in latex

Axel E. Retif axretif at att.net.mx
Wed Sep 4 13:10:49 CEST 2002

On Tuesday, September 3, 2002, at 12:41  PM, Siep wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Sep 2002 09:34:49 -0700
> Oliver Hardt <hardt at u.arizona.edu> wrote:
>
>> hi:  are there any good books or other resources that explain in
>> detail how to code your own classes, styles, etc (i.e., i am looking
>> for a book that introduces into latex programming).  thanks.  olli.
>
> texmf/doc/latex/base/clsguide.[dvi\pdf]
>
> At least, this is the location on Thomas' may 30 texmf tree and on the
> texlive cd; I don't currently have Gerben's version installed.

In Wierda's distribution go to /Library (that is, the root Library, not
your Home Library); there you will find an alias (link) to teTeX, and
follow this path:

teTeX->share->texmf->doc->latex->base

In this directory you will see clsguide.dvi. Drag-copy it to your
desktop, for example (you can't typeset it in that directory).

Axel