[OS X TeX] Problem with ImageMagick?

Gerben Wierda Sherlock at rna.nl
Fri Sep 27 23:23:16 CEST 2002

On Friday, September 27, 2002, at 09:58 , Jeff Collins wrote:

> Thanks. I just installed it. This didn't seem to work, but it did change
> the warning message to the following:

> * Warning: PICT format image encountered.
> Calling ImageMagick to convert figure to EPS...

This is whatever is trying to convert your picture.

> convert: invalid colormap index (variation2Fig1.pict).

This is ImageMagick complaining about your pict file. From this, it
seems that ImageMagick is installed correctly.

> * Figure conversion to EPS failed! Is ImageMagick installed?

This is the program that called ImageMagick noticing ImageMagick failed
but erroneously concluding (with a ?) that ImageMagick might not be
installed.

It might be that fink installs ImageMagick differently (e.g. with X11
support or with a different 'color map') and that this will therefore
work under fink. But it might also be that your .pict file is
incompatible with ImageMagick. I would like to know.

Could you send me variation2Fig1.pict?