[OS X TeX] Overfull

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Sep 2 17:02:06 CEST 2002

There are two solutions to your problem, you can either install the
newest tetex distribution which contains the correct setting or,
secondly, copy the file

/usr/local/teTeX/texmf.cnf

to a writable directory and change the line hash_extra = 0 to

hash_extra = 30000

Then, save the file and from the terminal (same directory as where the
file is) do

sudo cp texmf.cnf /usr/local/teTeX/texmf.cnf

Claus