[OS X TeX] Math font wierdness

Jean-Claude DE SOZA jeanclaudedesoza at free.fr
Mon Oct 14 06:22:27 CEST 2002

It's true that the bottom of some symbols appears to be truncated in
the previewer and if you try to print the pdf file in TeXShop you'll
see the same truncated symbols but if you do it in Acrobat Reader, all
is fine.
So it is not a driver problem but an Apple problem.
Two weeks ago, I submitted the problem to my brother who transmitted it
to Apple and here is the answer :

> Thanks for the PDF file.  It turns out this is a known issue, it has to
> do with certain fonts that have incorrect bounding boxes for some
> chars.  The fix lies in clipping to the computed glyph size instead of
> relying on the bounding box numbers.  I've cc'd myself to the Radar bug
> and I'd be happy to let you know when the fix gets released.

Jean-Claude DE SOZA