[OS X TeX] What is Copy and Paste in OS X?

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Wed Oct 16 08:20:27 CEST 2002

> This is a little off-topic, but why doesn't copy-n-paste between
> applications work the way it "should" in OSX?  Example, draw a diagram
> in Omnigraffle, copy it and paste it into a Word document. When you
> view/print this, the diagram is fuzzy as if you clipped it out of a
> pdf document using Acrobat reader.

At one point there was a functionality in Word related to copy/paste
illustrations (or was it a hidden OS-wide functionality?): doing a
normal Copy (Cmd-C) copied a QuickDraw version of the figure which
could then be pasted into Word, while Shift-Copy (Shift-Cmd-C) copied
the EPS code for this figure and it was then this EPS version which was
pasted into Word.

I don't know what the situation is now, as I don't willingly use Word,
I just found out about the above trick on occasions when I was giving
colleagues a hand.

Bruno Voisin